So much has happened since the last time I was on here. I have neglected this space of mine and intend to post more often, I really do. So, for a quick run down to get all caught up:
- Kaitlyn lost her second tooth less than a week after her first. After a traumatic (for Mom) first attempt to get it out in the morning before school, she pulled it out herself upon returning home in the afternoon. Mom slammed the door...a string tied from the knob to her tooth...and the tooth stayed and just caused a big mess of blood. I have vowed never to pull another tooth. That's now Daddy's job...I just take the pictures.
- I had the worst Mother's Day to date...many things factoring in. My husband did his best to make the day special complete with a few surprises and a bunch of tulips, but by that time the damage had been done. The decision was made to ban the holiday from this house...which might have been a bit too drastic.
- Our pup, Zoey, has grown leaps and bounds in these past six months. She is now over 50 pounds and the divider has been taken our of her kennel. She had her first three mile run with me last Thursday. She was a little tired out toward the end, but did great.
- On May 15th, I ran my third half marathon. You can read about it here.
- Dan worked his first Friday in a few months last week. I am so very, very thankful for the steady work that God has provided these past 10.5 months...and for my hard working husband.
- I registered K and L for second and first grade, respectively. The school year is almost over and I will be so happy to have all three home with me for two months. They have both done extremely well in the dual language program.
- My Middle Man surprised me and started reading some pretty big words. A whole new world has opened to him and I am so very proud of him. He attempts to read almost everything now...from street signs to labels...and him sounding out big words to spell is hilarious...too cute! He has done so well for being such a young kindergartner.
- My baby girl turns seven on Wednesday. The boys couldn't wait to have her open her present from them and so they gave it to her early...which might become a tradition for them. They were excited and she was overjoyed with what they got her. (And yes, C is in his underwear...it's hot here and we are not a fan of clothing in this house.)
Next post...of course...my Princess turning seven....