Saturday, June 13, 2009

Best Thing

Tonight while putting my daughter to bed:

Me : Okay Kate, what do you want a lullaby about?

Kaitlyn : What's the best thing that has ever happened to me?

Me: It's when you asked accepted Jesus as your Savior

Kaitlyn : Okay, what's the second best thing that has ever happened?

Me: Humm, how about going to Wiley's Hotel as a family for Daddy's birthday?

Kaitlyn : How about a third thing?

Me: Well, I don't know of a third thing.

Kaitlyn : We should get workin on a third thing then.

She settled on a lullaby about the second best thing that has ever happened to her in her short little life. I gave her sweet cuddles. She pulled my face close to hers and said:

"I know of the third best thing. It's when I got you and Daddy for my parents. I love you, Mommy."

It melted my heart...but wait a minute, we are number three...and a trip to a hotel is in front of us!!?? :-)

Good night, sweet girl.

0 things to add: