Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Days like these...

It's days like these that I forget.

I forget that we are two months away.

I forget that life isn't as usual...as it was last summer.

I forget that my husband doesn't have a job.

We have had a wonderful two days. I have been off work. The weather has been beautiful. Grandma's pool has been loads of fun. It has felt like a mini vacation of sorts....carefree. I am thankful for these days...days that I can forget.

For a few summers now, we have been packing the kids up and heading over to grandma's pool. Summers were the best. The cold weather was over and that meant that work would pick up. I loved summers. I was a SAHM and life was carefree. This summer is different...unlike any summer I have ever had. It's hard to get used to...obviously, it's been a little over 9 months and I am still not used to it.

I could get used to days like these though....days that I forget.

Days that I forget what the dead of winter feels like.

Days that I forget that my babies are getting older.

Days that I forget about nap time.

Days that I forget that m&m's and jellybeans are not part of a well balanced diet.

Days that I forget that there are bills to be paid.

Days that I forget the troubles of this world.

It's days like these that I hope I always remember.

0 things to add: