Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Day to Remember...

Tomorrow, October 15th, is National Pregnancy Loss and Remembrance Day to acknowledge babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy, prematurity complications, neonatal death, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome-SIDS, illness, accidents, and other tragic causes.

It will be three years on November 5th since Dan and I lost a baby. It seems like forever ago. We named her Madelyn meaning magnificent...magnificent because of what God taught us through a baby our earthly eyes will never see or our earthly arms will never hold. I will be forever thankful for the blessing she brought for the few weeks that we knew of her. I will forever praise God for how it brought Dan and I together, made me realize what a blessing my earthly children are, and made me thankful for how Magnificent my God is.

My heart goes out, today, to those mothers who have lost babies...for their aching hearts and their longing arms. I pray that if you are one of them, that God will fill that heart and those arms with His love, peace, and joy.

0 things to add: