Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hope

to cherish a desire with anticipation


Almost daily, I am reminded (or seek to remind myself) of how fortunate we are. We may be dirt poor and struggling to pay our bills, but we are all healthy and for that I am extremely thankful.


Not long ago, I read an article in the paper about Hope, a little girl diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. I do not know her, but I have been thinking of and praying for this little girl...that her and her family would be lifted up and given hope.


On Sunday, October 18th, there is a 5K race benefiting Hope and her family. I got an email today saying that because of the lack of interest, this race is in danger of being cancelled. If you are a runner in the area, please sign up for this race. If you are unable (I actually think everyone has a runner inside of them somewhere) to run, please think about sponsoring me in this race. I am collecting money and hope to be able to bring well over my $20.00 entrance fee to the race with me.


I have created a donation button at the top left of my blog. Please consider and pray about donating to help this little girl and her family. Before you click "donate" pray for this family and thank God for all he has blessed you with.


Click here to read about Hope.

2 things to add:

Erin said...

What is the deadline on this? I would love to donate!

Beth said...

Sorry, I forgot about that. The flyer says that everything has to be to Creekside Middle school on the 9th of October. So, I figure, if people are still donating up until that day, I can always drive it in and turn it in on that day.