Thursday, December 11, 2008

BLESSED

Stuff like this doesn't happen everyday. To top it off, it's been one thing after another lately...good stuff. I am guilty of having "little faith" time and time again over these past three months. When things seem impossible, I tend to give up. I should know by now that nothing is impossible with God. God is so good!

About two weeks ago, I felt like the message in church was being spoken just for me. It was about enduring. It was a reminder to me that no matter what struggles we go through in life, whatever losses we encounter, God tells us time and time again that He will be with us...He will never leave or forsake us. It has never been so evident to me in my life. I also have never sat in a service and cried so much. It was such an encouragement.

That week we found out that with driving our car in the snow, we desperately needed new front tires. Dan's Mom had slipped us a check before the service (I had no clue what was in the envelope). I opened it the next day and found a check to cover part of the cost of the tires!

Dan was able to work a little bit over at a friends house on deck he has been building. It was not only good for him to get out of the house, great time to talk to old friends, but also was wonderful to be able to have the much needed money!

With Christmas coming up, it's been hard for me to hear about all the gifts everyone is picking out, getting for their kids, their spouses, etc. Honestly, I have been fighting with some jealous feelings. I have cleaned the "stuff" out of my life, but part of me still longs for that new pair of shoes or that really cute shirt...even that new rug for my front entry way. I want to give my kids multiple gifts to open, be able to buy my Dan something special, or give to people that have meant so much to us. I can't and it hurts. Well, last Sunday after church was over, I was introduced to a lady who said she has been praying for our family. She continued on to tell me that she had chosen us this year to be the family that she gives gifts to. So, this Monday, I am heading over to her warehouse to pick out books for the kids for Christmas. God knows and understands my heart and it's such a comfort to know that he still provides some of our wants.

Lastly, but surely not least...it's with many emotions that I announce, WE ARE GOING TO BE SPENDING CHRISTMAS IN MICHIGAN THIS YEAR! I admit, I had given up hope. It wasn't so much that I didn't believe that God could do it, I just thought that He had other plans for us. I didn't want to get my hopes up and be a sobbing mess on Christmas Eve when I realized that it wasn't going to happen. I have never been patient and I have never been good and just sitting back and letting other people do things for me...God has asked me to do both of those. I was told this morning that my sister and her husband paid for a rental car! I guess it was supposed to be a surprise but Dan couldn't contain his little secret any longer. Also, Erin called me up and told me that she would cover the rest of what we needed to get to my parents! Thank you isn't enough! Thank you all for letting God use you to bless us.

I am so many things right now...most of all, I am thankful!

1 things to add:

Unknown said...

How Good GOD is!!

I just thought of this while I was reading your post. Brian and I just started doing this thing called "Angel Food Ministries" basically once a month they offer food for REALLY cheap - I think we paid $51 and stocked our fridge/freezer for 2 weeks for us! Here is the website: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/ You should see if there is a church near you who does this. It helps stretch that check just a little more!
Hugs!!