Friday, June 6, 2008

A Day of Rest

I honestly can't believe that I am to this point already. Tomorrow is my 10K and I am extremely excited!

Two years ago, I had lost some of my baby weight from Landon and got this hair brained idea that I was going to become a runner. I got myself a double jogger stroller for my birthday, packed up my two little ones one morning, and set out to run to the end of the street. And that's how it all started.

Fast forward a year. I was eight months pregnant with Collin and loving it but I missed running terribly. I was still running a little but only in secret, for short distances, and at pretty much turtle speed. I missed it so much, I decided I was going to run a ten mile race in 2008 and roped Hollie into joining me.

So, one year later....

At the beginning of this year, in a spinning class I took, the instructor kept saying, "No excuses guys!" I have kept that in my head ever since. When I feel like giving up, when I have been up several times at night with sick kids, when I would much rather nap on the couch, when I am in a bad mood or not feeling so hot, when it all comes down to it there really are no excuses. I am a 26 year old (ugh, still can't get used to that number) mother of three out to prove it to myself that I don't have an excuse not to be in great shape and have the time of my life doing it. I am not out to run the race tomorrow in great time, I am just out to give it my all and finish.

Let the races begin!

3 things to add:

Hollie said...

Thanks for roping me in!! I've never felt better!

mollymccoy said...

"Good Luck" to you sweetie!! You will do awesome, and I will be cheering you on from Woodstock.

Sharon said...

Good Luck on your run! You will do great.
Sharon