Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pray

I wasn't going to mention anything on my blog. There are just somethings that I don't like sharing on here. I feel that it would be beneficial though, so you all could be praying for my Uncle Bruce. He desperately needs your prayers right now. The whole family does.

I don't really remember the time frame. About four and a half or five years ago he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He had surgery, chemo, radiation and got the news that he was in remission. We praised the Lord for giving him more time on this earth. Six or so months ago, he was told that the cancer was back and was given 6-9 months to live. It didn't look good, but our God is good. He went through treatment and got the new that his lung cancer was once again in remission. We all rejoiced. Not long after that, he ended up in the hospital. The cancer had spread to his brain and then to his spine.

At his most recent doctor's appointment, he was told that there was nothing more they could do. Hospice was called in. I am writing this because he is in the process of dying, he is in extreme pain, and he has a family. I pray that even in this darkest hour of his life, that God would show Himself to him and give him the peace that only He can give and I hope that you will do the same.

He is a son, a brother, a father, a husband, an uncle.

I think of my grandparents who are doing what no parent would ever want to do...watch their son die. Does my grandma look at her son and think back to when she first felt him kick, when she brought him into the world, his first steps, his first words, his first little league game? Does she think of the nights she would rock him to sleep or the times when he would come to her to have her kiss his boo-boos? I am sure she wishes she could take his place or take the pain away. Does my grandpa think back to when the doctor's announced that it was a boy? Does he think back to the precious time when his son was placed on his chest and they enjoyed a nap together? Does his mind wander back to times shared fishing and hunting? I am sure that he too would take his place in a heart beat. No parent wants to ever watch their child suffer. I am sure this is just breaking their heart like no other experience in their lives has.

Over the next few days, please keep his wife, his teenage son, his parents, and his siblings in your prayers. I thank you in advance. God is good all the time!


O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him. ~Psalms 34:8

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. ~ Psalms 34:1

3 things to add:

Erin said...

I will continue to pray for your uncle and really your entire family. And...I thank you for sharing your heart. I know that this can be difficult for you when you have felt betrayed.

Love you girl!

Hollie said...

Have been and will continue to be praying for them.

Brittany said...

Beth just to let you know that your whole family is in our prayers.