Even though I absolutely hate the number thirteen (and most all prime numbers), I love when the 13th of a month falls on a Friday. I am not superstitious but think it's hilarious when people are.
- The fear of the number 13 is called triskaidekaphobia.
- Many hotels have no room number 13
- Many buildings do not have a 13th floor.
- Many airplanes do not have a 13th row.
- Many ships will not start a voyage on the 13th, particularly, Friday the 13th.
- 13 knots in a hangman's noose.
- 13 feet which the guillotine blade falls.
So, if you are a triskaidekaphobian, try to stay safe today. If you know someone who is, maybe you should play a few practical jokes on them. :-)