It's easy to slip back into the mind set of worrying about our situation. I was having a bit of anxiety about what this week will hold for us this morning. The bills that are sitting in our "bills to be paid" rack for next week catch my eye every time I walk from the living room to the kitchen. I had to keep reminding myself that I need to trust that God would provide for the needs of our family in the coming week just as he did for this past week. This verse kept popping into my head:
- The same God who created life in you can be trusted with the details of you life.
- Worrying about the future hampers your efforts for today
- Worrying in more harmful than helpful
- God does not ignore those who depend on Him
- Worry shows lack of faith and understanding of God
- There are real challenges God wants us to pursue and worrying keeps us from them
- Living one day at a time keeps us from being consumed by worry
If you're wondering what some specific prayer requests are here's a few:
- Dan's job hunting would turn up real leads and/or results.
- God would give us the wisdom that we lack and wouldn't jump into anything out of desperation.
- If I am supposed to get a job, that I would hear something this week from the apps that I turned in.
- God would give us some clear direction in what Dan should be doing as far as work.
- God would provide the money we need for the "bills to be paid".
- That our marriage would be strengthened during this time.
- That our kids wouldn't feel the stress that we are under and wouldn't be affected in any way.
I am trusting God that this is going to be a good week and I am looking forward to being able to share.